Remember that how you take care of and present your work sayâ€™s a lot about the respect you give to yourself as an artist.
1. All art must be framed appropriately. You will be judged on this so pay attention to detail. If your work is behind glass it must have a spacer or a mat. Here is a link that may be helpful when framing your work: http://www.loc.gov/preserv/care/mat.html
2. All work must be original (no prints please). Work must be your own original thought and not produced in a classroom setting.
3. You must provide three works in the same medium. They do not need to be the same size or subject but consistency is important.
4. If you are a digital (computer) artist we will need a written description telling us about your process. Because of the need for a print we will accept only archival materials, (this protects your customer from purchasing something that will not hold up over time.) Here is a link regarding archival printing:
5. Please show up on time, drop off will be from 5:00 – 5:45 on April 25th. Punctuality is important. Any work that is dropped after 5:50 will NOT be accepted.
Again, congratulations on taking your first step into becoming an exhibiting member of the Corvallis Art Guild. I hope this information has been helpful to you. We look forward to seeing you on April 25th. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call at 738-6124 (home) or 905-2336 (cell).