Join us for the 57th Annual Corvallis Art Guild’s Clothesline Sale of Art for live music and art. 30 local artists share their works in a range of mediums on the beautiful lawn of the Benton County Courthouse.
When: August 4th, 9AM – 5PM
Where: Benton County Courthouse lawn
For those interested in making your own cards for Hanging Around Town or the Clothesline Sale, here is the logo:
This Clothesline Art Sale of members’ work has been an annual event since 1961. It is held the first Saturday in August from 9:00am to 5:00pm on the tree-shaded Benton County Courthouse lawn. About 50 artists display their work for sale, while enjoying interaction with their fellow artists and good community support. You must be a juried member for three months prior to the sale to participate.
Each year the Board of Directors will appoint a chairperson for the Clothesline Sale. The Chairperson is encouraged to also select an Assistant Chairperson who may serve as Chairperson the following year. Various committees will be formed and will be under the direction of the annual Chairperson.
The Clothesline Sale is only open to Exhibiting Members who have been such for at least three months and have exhibited in the previous twelve months (July to July) at one of the Guild sponsored sites.
1. It is the goal of the Guild to preserve the unique tradition of the Clothesline Sale by restricting exhibited work offered for sale to original, two-dimensional artwork that is wall hung. Artists may also sell 2-D photomechanical reproductions, including cards. Any other form of art reproductions, i.e. wearing apparel, accessories, magnets, utilitarian items and the like, shall not be exhibited without the approval of the Clothesline Sale Chairperson and the Board of Directors, no later than their June meeting.
2. Sign-up for the Clothesline Sale will be done on a first come, first served basis during June of each year. An application for participation will be included with the June newsletter. Only Exhibiting Members in good standing are permitted to apply.
3. Any disputes that arise will be resolved by the Clothesline Chairperson, or the Board of Directors, as needed.
4. A commission of 10% of all sales at the Clothesline Sale will go to the Guild.
5. The Corvallis Art Guild is not responsible for loss, or damage to any artwork at the sale. Members should check their own insurance to determine whether their artwork is covered.