Overview of CorvallisArtGuild.org
Mission, Goals, and Objectives of the site
The mission of the CAG web site is to facilitate communications and promotions internally and externally.
Improve communications and promotions to the public.
- Provide general information to all major audiences.
- Advertise all major shows, sales, and workshops.
- Supplement printed promotional materials with details concerning services and opportunities related to networking, teaching, learning, funding, exhibiting, planning, collaborating, and socializing.
- Illustrate the kinds of art and events promoted by the Guild and its members.
- Illustrate where meetings and events take place.
- Promote individual artist web sites in a list or webring.
- Allow potential members and art lovers to contact the Guild staff via an online form in addition to phone or mail.
Improve communications, education, and promotions related to members and staff.
- Supplement the paper newsletter and eventually (potentially) eliminate it by adding news to the site as it becomes available, rather than only once per month.
- Supplement the printed bylaws publication by displaying the information online.
- Supplement printed promotional materials with details concerning services and opportunities related to networking, teaching, learning, funding, jurying, exhibiting, planning, collaborating, and socializing.
- Allow staff to update the member list online, eliminating the always-out-of-date printed directory.
- Solicit signups of juried members for the Hanging Around Town program.
- Allow members to contact staff via an online form in addition to phone, email, and mail.
Future Goals and Objectives
- Allow membership sign up and payment online.
- Allow members to show/hide their contact/member information and/or display their bio and art on an individual page, improving control over their promotions.
- Allow exhibit signup and payment online.
- Allow workshop registration and payment online.
- Allow staff to make decisions via an online format, such as forum, chat, blog, and/or draft approval process, reducing time spent in meetings.
- Provide a moderated art topics forum to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Allow online donations via PayPal or other donation web service.
- Exchange links with businesses.
Web Site Committee
The following CAG members will assist in the planning, promotion, and maintenance of the new site:
- C. Madsen & B. Dayton; president (2007/8)
- A. Rose; Web Chair, content editor
- P. Van Londen; member and web developer
- S. Noel; member at large
Audience who will view/use the site
The following groups will use the web site for a variety of purposes:
- CAG Members.
- Professional and recreational artists ages 16+ who work in two dimensions, including:
- painters, sketch artists, illustrators, bas relief artists, mixed media/collage artists, fabric artists
- Art lovers of any age from any location.
- Art buyers from the local area as well as around the world.
- OSU, UO, WOU, and LBCC students.
- Local high school students.